20 Apr, 2021 ·
9 Hormone Balancing Foods to Incorporate Into Your Diet
20 Apr, 2021 ·
Hormone imbalances have become more and more common with today's modern and fast-paced lifestyle. Luckily, there are natural ways to help our hormones function optimally. Instead of putting a bandaid on the problem, we want to get to the root cause which is why it’s so important to start with NUTRITION and what we are putting inside of our bodies.By making simple shifts in your diet, symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety, low libido, weight gain, hair loss, facial hair growth, bloating, irritability, and PMS can be eased.
Here’s a roundup of the best foods to help balance out your hormones. Try adding these foods to next week’s grocery list to support your hormone health and feel your best.
9 Hormone Balancing Foods to Incorporate Into Your Diet:
1. Flaxseeds- Reduce excess energy in your body and increase fibre intake.
2. Cruciferous Veggies - Supports healthy levels of estrogen to prevent estrogen-related cancers (i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprouts).
3. Wild Salmon - Helps us produce sex hormones, lowers inflammations, boosts testosterone levels, and reduces risk of certain cancers.
4. Sauerkraut - Improves gut health which leads to well balanced hormone levels.
5. Coconut oil - Healthy fats like coconut oil are essential for balancing hormones.
6. Lentils - Fibre packed foods such as lentils, chickpeas, bananas and apples all have a positive impact on estrogen levels. They also keep you feeling full longer and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
7. Spinach - Iron-rich foods such as spinach aid in the production of thyroid hormones and enhance their function.
8. Sweet Potato - Rich in vitamin B6 that aids in liver detox and helps us rid any excess hormones.
9. Green Tea - Drinking 1-3 cups of green tea daily can significantly lower and regulate insulin levels.